Thursday 23 February 2012

#9 - I turned Eighteen!

Right, so I've been slacking on blog posts recently. I used to do like, 2 or 3 posts a day and now I seem to have cut back but I'm back with a bang! I turned Eighteen on February 7th! (wahey) - I had a really lovely week, I spent it with all my loved ones, had THE most beautiful vintage style cake made for me by my Uncle. All in all I really did have a wonderful day, and as much as I really wasn't expecting anything gift wise, I received some really lovely gifts too!




^
I have to mention, some of you may not of heard of Leighton Denny, he's best known for selling his amazing products on QVC. He sells nail colours, and now has his own tanning range. And I have to admit, I used to be so obsessed with Models Own nail colours, I've not converted to the Denny! His colours are THE best I've ever used, they dry quickly, no scuffs or marks, long lasting, and the shine is amazing! My next blog post will be on this gift and I'll be showing you all a few of the colours that I've been using lately. If you have Twitter, go and follow him @Leighton_Denny for all the latest updates on his range of nail colours for Spring/Summer 2012.







^
I have to explain this beautiful gift, my best friend from London came down for my 18th meal and night out and thought that this gift was a cringey one? I DISAGREE KATE. It's so cute, it's basically a jar (as you can see) full of little notes that she'd hand written so that whenever I feel down or upset, I can reach into the jar, pull out a note and it will say something that links me to her, or a little quote to make my day better. She claims she's not creative with gifts, however I would never have thought of this! I love it.




I was so grateful for all of these lovely little gifts. My Mum got a bit of an earbashing from me as I really didn't want her spending any money on me for my 18th, however, she said to me on the morning of my birthday "I didn't want you coming downstairs on your 18th with no presents to open." So thank you Mum! ♥ 






^
Vintage Cream Embroidered Cardigan - Charity Shop, £4.99
Floral Spring Playsuit - River Island, Gift
Brown Tan Leather Belt - Primark, £1
Long Chained Blue Stone Necklace - New Look, £3
Earrings - Topshop, Gift - RRP £16.50

^
This was the cake my Uncle made me, he designed the whole thing. It's truly beautiful, my Mum was so overwhelmed by how pretty it was that she actually cried. It was on a bed on fake cream rose petals (that I've kept to add to my shabby chic Bird Cage in my bedroom) - the inside had a bit of a lemon theme going on. Lemon buttercream, lemon curd, lemon cake. Nevertheless, it was stunning.

And that my friends, concludes my birthday blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment